Change of meeting place.

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 7 21:37:57 UTC 2005

James Knott wrote:

>John Vetterli wrote:
>
>>I had no problems finding a parking spot at the installfest at linuxcaffe.
>>

>The Linuxcafe isn't the greatest spot for a meeting and driving there is
>not the greatest either.

Call me biased, but I thought the installfest meeting went well, and the
GTA-lug exec meetings seem to work out nicely. For really large groups
another venue would have to be found, true, but for smaller gatherings I
think it's just peachy !

>What we need, is a location that's close to subway, not just streetcar
>and reasonable access & parking for driving.

linuxcaffe is 1 block from Christie subway, 10 feet from a bus stop, and
offers a reasonable amount of parking.. in what way might access be
improved upon ? valet parking, perhaps ? a helipad ?

>For someone who lives outside of Toronto, a location on the subway is
>minimally accessable.  Anything on a streetcar route is likely not,
>unless well away from the downtown core and also close to a highway.

Is GTA-lug not targeted towards those in the GTA ?
Folks who live in outlying communities (although more than welcome)
might find (or found) a local lug rather than hit the highways.

Not trying to be quarellous, but looking for ways to serve the linux
community better.
djp

-- linuxcaffe