Hardware Issues?

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 6 20:08:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Keith Conception wrote:
> Does your cpu have a fan on the heatsink? If so then removing the side
> shouldn't make a difference. Just make sure the fan is running properly.

Generally speaking, taking the side off might(*) hurt cooling for anything
that *doesn't* have its own fan, but will make no difference (and might
help slightly) for something that does have its own.

(* I say "might" because internal airflow in PCs is generally so poor that
most cards/drives can't assume they'll get any useful airflow anyway. )

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org