Dedicated server prices?

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 6 22:31:07 UTC 2005

ted leslie wrote:

>I needed to host a client on a dedicated service in Canada due to possible legal issue
>with respect to file sharing (they were doing). [so we didnt want to host in US]
>I researched and found Netnation to be the best value  500 GB / month, 160GB Raid, or 320 GB non-raid,
>2.8 GHZ, etc,etc, (250$/mon or around that)

It's interesting - when you get up into that size of hard drive, they
start to converge - ie serverbeach.com has

2 X AMD Athlon MP 2600 Processor
2GB Registered PC2100 Memory
2 X 80 GB Hard Drive
2000 GB Bandwidth

for $219/US

but what I don't seem to see are cheap lower end systems in Canada, that
$79/US/mo price is for a

1GHz AMD Processor
512MB Memory
60 GB Hard Drive
900 GB Bandwidth

oops, there's one in Alberta that has a 40GB hd, 20GB bandwidth for
$119/US/mo but it's Windows
only :-(

>seems to me you have to decide exactly what HD requirement you need, then choose,

I only need around 60-80Gb

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com
Land: (416) 536-0176 | Cell: (416) 407-1391
--
Cry 'Run It' and let slip the Fox of Fire!
http://www.getfirefox.com/