TLUG's value to community ???

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 6 18:41:46 UTC 2005

On 7/6/05, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What is GTALUG's value to community?  What service do we provide?  What
> do "our community" get from us?
>
> This issue came up recently, and I can't think of any answer off top of
> my head.  Since we aren't doing anything now, perhaps, the question
> should be re-phrased,
>     What TLUG should be doing?
>
> Any thought?

It is a community for those that are interested in Linux.  By
providing a way for those people to get together, it provides "value"
to the community at large.

This is exactly the fashion in which any "interest group" or "user
group" is valuable to the community at large.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)