I want to destroy my CDs !

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 04:39:41 UTC 2005

Yes, it's true ! Not all of them, of course, only a collection of
personal data back-up CDs that I have been making for the past few
years. The data is as salvaged as it's ever going to be, and everything
important is in newer backups, but these coasters have /way/ too much
information on 'em.
I've tried scoring them with a razor, only to release a hail of
undoubtedly toxic silver snow. Maybe I should just scratch up the other
side ? How would you best render sensitive data CDs unreadable ?
And while we're at it, what is an environmentally conscious fella to do
with a rather large sack of unloved coasters ?
djp