apcusbd - Debian

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 02:13:48 UTC 2005

I installed this package to communicate with my APC U.P.S

Set the config file as suggested in the manual.   Started the daemon.

Checking /var/log/   This message had been logged.

---
Fri Jan 28 20:06:29 EST 2005  apcupsd FATAL ERROR in linux-usb.c at line 786
Cannot find UPS device --
For a link to detailed USB trouble shooting information,
please see <http://www.apcupsd.com/support.html>.
Fri Jan 28 20:06:29 EST 2005  apcupsd error shutdown completed

----

However this is what dmesg has to say

----
hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [APC Back-UPS ES 500 FW:2.e2.D USB FW:e2] on
usb-0000:00:10.1-1
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver

----

Any body any experience with this and can give a pointer or two.  I didn't
find USB troubleshooting in the manual.  In the .conf file I had
DEVICE   the first time and then tried
DEVICE /dev/usb/hiddev[0-15] which as I read it shouldn't be needed.  However
the same error message is logged for both.
I gather the cable etc is ok if the APC unit is found during the boot process.

Merv

Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

Mepis  Linux