rebooting ADSL modem

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 26 19:06:33 UTC 2005

For what it's worth, these same symptoms occur on a Windows 98 machine at my
place using a BB0069 GVC ADSL modem, which is connected to the windows box
by a USB cable. Having to constantly reboot during a networking session is a
major pain.

I'm currently in the process of installing a BB0060 GVC ADSL modem that uses
the LAN interface of the computer instead of USB. Then I hope that will also
play with Suse Linux which is on the same box. I will report whether this
works any better.

Peter

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:54:39PM -0500, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> Is there a way by chance to automatically reboot ADSL modem by sending
> some sort of signal to it from a locally connected computer?
>
> My ADSL connection does not work perfectely well. It happens that it
> brakes up. Modem attempts to establish connection again, but it happens
> that it hangs up and is able to get online only after hard rebooting. I
> would prefer to do this automatically, not by hand.
>
> TThis BB0040 Gnet model.
>
> zb.
>
> --
> Zbigniew Koziol, SoftQuake^(tm) Open Source Business Solutions
> Web Development, Linux, Web Mail Fax Voice Servers, Networking
> Consultations, Innovative Technologies Tel/Fax: 1-416-530-2780
> Toronto,  Canada,  http://www.softquake.ca,  info-lcEyp1+e+UdAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org

Peter D. Hiscocks
Ryerson University,
350 Victoria Street,