OT - KVM switches

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 25 17:16:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:03:03AM -0500, Steve wrote:
> Would that mean I would have to get a USB keyboard too? The only USB
> KVM switches I've seen have ONLY USB...
>
> Is it only certain distros that have problems with switching PS2 mice?
> Are there any that work fine with switching PS2 mice?

It is mainly the hardware that doesn't tolerate changes to ps2.  There
really is no reason not to just use a usb keyboard too that I can think
of.  I have seen KVM's that had PS2 keyboard and video and USB on them.
They exist since many people started wanting to be able to use usb keys
and usb mice and such with a KVM, that and PS2 mice didn't like them.

Lennart Sorensen