OT - KVM switches

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 25 17:05:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:03:03AM -0500, Steve wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:26:38 -0500, Lennart Sorensen
> <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >

> > Lennart Sorensen
>
> Would that mean I would have to get a USB keyboard too? The only USB
> KVM switches I've seen have ONLY USB...

I have a fairly cheap usb kvm switch that I bought a while back -- it
has ps2 plugs on the front, but converts the signal to usb.  so you
can use your old mice/keyboards with it.

I've had some trouble with a redhat box, which doesn't seem to want to
recognize the mouse or keyboard on it; but I'm not sure what exactly
the problem is there.

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094