Plextor 712A won't rewrite DVD-RW (why not?)

Peter King peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 25 15:51:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:19:17AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Well I haven't tried DVD-RW on the plextor drives, I have only used
> DVD+RW so far (along with DVD-R) and for the DVD+RW I just keep using
> the same disk to write images to and I never have to blank or format or
> anything in between.  I would have thought it would work the same way on
> DVD-RW but I could be wrong.  Everything else looks correct on first
> look.

I can (re)write DVD+RW without any problem. It's only rewriting DVD-RW
that poses a problem.

> The cdwrite mailing list (lists.debian.org hosts it although it is not
> a debian list) is a great place to ask questions (the authors of both
> dvd+rw-tools and cdrecord hang out there.  Watch out for the author of
> cdrecord.  He seems to think no one else writes decent code, and that
> Solaris is the only OS that ever is close to working, but everything
> else on the list is great).

I've posted there, too, but no replies yet; the answer must be either
too easy or too hard!

Peter King			 	peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Department of Philosophy
215 Huron Street
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-3788 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5S 1A1
       CANADA

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pking/

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42