Computer books

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 15 12:05:18 UTC 2005

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>>  Now most of the retail book industry is controlled by one company,
>> which has resulted in a much poorer book selection and in the process
>> is also hurting the Canadian book industry.
>

> You seem to be against PC and globalization. And deregularization or
> something like that. Etc... Not nice. Bigger brother will remember that.

What's "PC" in this context?  And no, I'm not against globalization.
And I don't recall mentioning anything about "deregularization or
something".  I was simply pointing out that one company has taken
control of the market, to the detriment of the customers and publishers.
  I also oppose Microsoft's domination of the software market for
similar reasons.

In the case of book stores, Heather Reisman has greatly reduced the
selection of books available to customers and has publicly stated her
intention to move her book stores in other directions.  Unfortunately,
there are few other available book stores, that carry the books we're
looking for.