OT - Reverse Proxies with Apache

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 14 00:10:16 UTC 2005

> I think I'm just missing something simple, and was hoping someone on
> the list might have run into a similar situation at some point.  If I
> figure out any time soon, I'll post the solution.

K, Got it working, so here it is.  This section....
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_URI}  ^host1.* [NC]
RewriteRule   ^(.+) http://192.168.0.101:81/$1

Should have been...
RewriteCond   %{HTTP_HOST} ^host1.* [NC]
RewriteRule   ^(.+) http://192.168.0.101:81/$1 [P]

Silly, silly - but in my defence (quoted from the mod_rewrite reference docs)...

"The great thing about mod_rewrite is it gives you all the
configurability and flexibility of Sendmail. The downside to
mod_rewrite is that it gives you all the configurability and
flexibility of Sendmail."

Lol.  Yes, I also use Sendmail.  I'm a sucker for punishment.  ;-)

--
- SGE