Dependancy Hell

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 13 02:13:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:18:03 -0500, Lennart Sorensen
> I have only used dist-upgrade for the last 6 years and it has always
> worked great for me, so I never use upgrade.
In fact, if you use the (IMO excellent) Synaptic it now does
dist-upgrade by default (although I believe they call it "smart
upgrading" or some such...)
Definitely a good move, though.

Slightly OT: I just migrated my Sid machine to Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog.
Basically I just had to change the repositories in my sources.list and
run update and dist-upgrade.

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/