Question about spamassassin

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 9 02:16:07 UTC 2005

On January 9, 2005 04:46 am, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    My poor mail server is starting to be assaulted with spam (20:1 ratio
> roughly) so I have decided to install a spam filter. I have been
> reluctant to up until now because many people use my mail server and I
> have been worried about them losing false-positive mail.
>
>    I am thinking about installing spamassassin but I wanted to know what
> you guys think. Are there any 'gotchas' I should know about? Would you
> recommend someone in my position try a different program? In case it
> matters, I am running my mail server on Fedora Core 1.

Before you go with spamassassin, take a look at Dspam.

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/

I find it has better results than spamassassin, and the web interface allows
you to tweak the settings quickly and easily.

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
   jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org