how to turn off the cpu fan in redhat 7.3

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 6 23:44:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just bought a old laptop (cpu 450, Mem 64 M) and installed redhat 7.3 on it. I encounter the following problems:

1. the cpu fan will tun on around every 1 minutes and it is noise. Is there any way to turn off it ?

2. When I browser the internet, it is much slower comparing to my other computer. I don't want to spend money on the memory for this old computer. Is there any way to make the computer run faster?  (I checked reference, the recommanded RAM is 64M for redhat 7.3)

Thanks!

HUI