Cable Splitter for Rogers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 5 15:19:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:50:37AM -0500, Sidney wrote:
> I have Rogers high speed, the fastest residential package they offer. I
> would like to split the coax cable going into my cable modem and get a
> cable going into my computer's tuner card as well. I tried doing it
> using some cheaply cable I had lying around. It worked, but it was not
> shielded and the TV signal was of poor quality. Where can I get the
> heavy duty cable, splitter and connectors rogers seems to be using? I
> need about four feet.

Some tuner cards get a lot of interference simply from being crappy
cards installed inside a noisy computer.  Some tuners have good
shielding and bus isolation, others (like the original ati tuner) do
not.  But a good cable could help a lot too especially being so close to
the computer.  Not sure where to buy that though.  Maybe monster cable
makes coax cables (for lots of money too of course but still).

Lennart Sorensen