Graphical sftp

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 28 16:53:56 UTC 2005

On February 28, 2005 08:14 pm, Lance F. Squire wrote:
> Vic Gedris wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:28:25AM -0500, Lance F. Squire wrote:
> >>Can anyone recomend a good sftp client for FC3?
> >>
> >>gtfp keeps crashing(disapearing) on me.
> >
> > The version of Nautilus in FC3 works with sftp.  Use the following
> > syntax as the URL:
> >
> > sftp://username@host
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Vic
>
> Unfortunatly, that just seems to hang, till I click the closewindow
> icon....
>
> Lance F. Squire
try jftp

http://j-ftp.sourceforge.net/

Java based.

-snip-

JFtp is a graphical Java network and file transfer client.

It supports FTP using its own FTP API and various other protocols like SMB,
SFTP, NFS, HTTP, and file I/O using third party APIs, includes many advanced
features such as recursive directory up/download, browsing FTP servers while
transferring files, FTP resuming and queueing, browsing the LAN for Windows
shares, and more.

You can also have more than one connection open at a time in a mozilla-style
tabbed browsing environment.
The FTP API is separated from the GUI and can also be used in third-party
applications.

It should ideally be launched in a Web browser via Java Web Start (contained
by the Java 1.4 plugin), but can also be started locally.

-snip-

Looks like there is not much else out there with a gui....

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca