linuxcaffe; installing windows !

Seneca seneca-cunningham-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 16 17:36:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:45:39AM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
> Besides, almost every other caffe, internet cafe, and retail operation
> has windows.
>
> So I have arranged the installation, for next week, with a local expert.
> He has never even heard of linux.
>
> It will be much better !
> Better than plywood, that is !
> Yes, linuxcaffe will soon feature a brand new 10' x 6' sheet of
> windowglass v 0.25 on the south wall.

I'm not convinced about how great windows really are.  Ever since December
my windows have been freezing.  Support for that was awful... kept being
told it was user error even when I followed their directions (which
didn't stop the freezes).  They've already had to reinstall them once,
and this is on a building less than two years old.  Bugs such as the
inability to close windows without climbing on furniture have not been
rectified, although rumour has it that in a month or two a service pack
will come to deal with that one.  Altogether, I've been having problems
with my windows installation, but your experiences may differ.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org