Blade Servers

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 22:33:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:55:18PM -0500, teddy mills wrote:

> I have to install about 100 servers into a small space in 5 large
> blocks of 20 each.  I thought of using 5 small blocks of BladeServers.
>
> I would go with IBM, but they sold all their PC sales to Lenova.  Im
> not keen on buying IBM right now.  Then there is Dell, but the're not
> innovators, just good copiers.  Then there is the HP. I know HP makes
> enterprise hardware, but anyone have any good/bad experience with
> Blade Servers?
>
> What about reliable small form factor PCs? Like shuttle PCs, but even
> smaller?  Thats why I like the blades. They occupy the least amount of
> space.

It depends on what each machine gotta have inside.
    - what motherboard size,
    - how many ethernet port,
    - how many harddisks,
    - any CDs or floppy.
1U rackmount cases are the usual answer.  But, overall, you can pack
micro-ATX motherboards and cases with equal efficiency, space-wise.

If 1x5.25", 2x3.5", and 210x190mm board meet your requirment, then you
can use my thin-client components.  Contact me off-list. :-)

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because I can type.