adding command to startup

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 16:49:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:30:34AM -0500, Matt Cahill wrote:
>    Well, this is the thing (strange as it is):  if I type 'xauth merge
>    /home/matt/.Xauthority' (as root), it works for as long as my
>    computer is running.  As soon as I reboot, I need to do it again.
>    As this is an area I have very little knowledge of, I'm not sure
>    what's 'right' and what's 'weird'.  I *do* know that it's
>    inconvenient ;)

Well I haven't really played with xauth for some years, so it is likely
what used to work, is now considered a security problem, and that is not
generates new xauth cookies on each startup of X.

Perhaps one of those 'su and enable X' script is the simplest then.
Someone suggest 'gksu'.  I have also seen 'sux'.

Lennart Sorensen