"Roaming profiles" style system... suggestions?

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 15:13:07 UTC 2005

These are IMNSHO the best large campus computing environments ever created:
http://www.eos.ncsu.edu/about/index.html
http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/athena/index.html

The ARLA project has some neat distributed filesystem stuff going on:
http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/arla/

The simple but less neat answer is:
rsync a minimal home dir to each box overnight (or use KERB??) that
automaticly re-mounts $HOME to some samba share (NFS is kinda ugly)
(.bashrc: mount /server/$user ./)
-Joseph-