Transition Software - Live Linux Distro

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 13 12:43:57 UTC 2005

> I have given some of them Live Linux CD's and just about everyone is
> blown away. They also feel quite comfortable with it because of the
> transition software like : Firefox, Thunderbird, Open Office, Gaim.
>
> What I would like to do is put together a disk with as much of this
> software as possible. The software would have to be available for both
> Linux and Windows.

This is a good start. I give these out to people before I switch them over to
linux. It gives them a feel of the quality of the software available from the
community.

http://www.theopencd.org/

-snip-

The following applications are included on TheOpenCD 2.0.

Productivity

    * OpenOffice 1.1.3
    * AbiWord 2.2.1
    * PDFCreator 0.8

Design

    * GIMP 2.0.5
    * Blender 2.35a
    * Dia 0.94
    * TuxPaint 0.9.14

Internet/Networking

    * FireFox 1.0
    * Thunderbird 1.0
    * Mozilla suite 1.7.3
    * Gaim 1.1.0
    * Filezilla 2.2.9
    * TightVNC 1.3dev6
    * WinHTTrack 3.32-2

Multimedia

    * Audacity 1.2.3
    * Celestia 1.3.2
    * CDex 1.51

Utilities

    * 7-zip 3.13
    * Notepad2 1.0.12
    * SciTE 1.62

Games

    * Sokoban 1.187
    * Battle for Wesnoth 0.8.8
    * Lbreakout 2.4.1

-snip-

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca