linuxcaffe; become peripheraly involved !

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 9 22:17:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Taavi Burns wrote:

> They're probably horribly expensive to buy on the spot, despite being
> free to those who can find them sitting in junk bins.  :)

Tranceivers (as they are called) tend to be fairly hard to find 2nd hand
but I noticed an odd occurance back home (Australia).  When you find
someone with one, and they determine that they can do without it they all
seem to come up with the same price - "20 bucks".

Me:	How much for the tranceiver?
Them:	Ahm...20 bucks.
Me:	Ok.

This appears to be almost universal.  I suspect "20 bucks" is a price high
enough to motivate them to basically give it away.  So the price seems to
be independent of the rarity.

I brought both of my AUI-UTP tranceivers to Canada with my.  I used to
have an AUI-BNC but I gave it away (20 bucks was too much) as it was big
and had a loose connection.  It had to be slightly tilted on the table to
work.  The guy who got it was happy though.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.