Dual booting RH and Ubantu issues + RHCT questions

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 28 16:05:03 UTC 2005

Hi pals,
 I am planning to attempt RHCT comming Feb and humbly seeks some help.
I have been using Ubantu since the first release and it has been fun.
Its however not a good distribution to prepare for RH exams.
 So, a used an ubantu live CD and created a free partation using
parted. (Using second hard drive is impractical as I am using a
laptop). Then I used a Fedora 4 DVD from the book "Red Hat Fedora 4
unleashed" ISBN 0-672-32792-9 and pointed it to the free partation and
thats where I am having issues. I bail out claiming the free space is
not a boot partation. This was a surprise as I have done a couple of
Windows 2000 and Red hat 8 dual boots sometimes back in the same way.
Now, what the best way to go around this problem? I am nervous forcing
the free space to be a boot partation may result to a loss of my files
on Ubantu partation
 Oh, this is how the drive is partationed. 1,2 and 3 are primary
partation. 1 is the largest and houses Ubantu. 2 is an ex3 partation
that currently houses nothing. I intended to install Fedora there, but
turned out to be too dinky. The third partation is 8 GB free space and
its where I am trying to install Fedora 4. there is two other extended
partation that will house swap data for both install instances - well
if I do overcome this issue. Please help, as documents out there
assume one can only dual boot a distributon with Windows

 This year, I understand one need to learn XFEE 86. I understand they
will be changing that to Xorg sometime next year. Since X server is a
substantial part in RH exams, does anyone know when they will seize
using Xfee 86 on their exams?

 I am unfortunate not to have worked on a productive network and
therefore have little of SCSI experience. (I have read a lot about it
though). What is the chance of someone passing RH exams without
touching a scsi drive? And would anyone know a company/organization
that are Linux intensive and can accomodate someone for two months
free or for a fee? I am nervous I may end up loosing 2,300 dollars if
I don't have enough practice on a productive system. I live in North
York, but willing to travel as far as Mississauga if needs be.

I would be grateful for any help and thank you a lot in advance

William