jobs in Linux / IT

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 24 18:40:34 UTC 2005

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Most professional organizations in Ontario recognize qualifications
> from other English speaking countries.

Well, the PEO didn't like my CEng MBCS from the UK. Nor did they seem
overly impressed with my two engineering degrees from one of Scotland's
younger institutions of higher education -- it's only 80 years older
than Confederation ...

> Also, Canadian immigration offices often don't tell perspective
> immigrants that their profession is regulated in Canada so they will
> be unable to practice it.

There are several lawsuits on at the moment about this. I believe
they've tightened up the language a bit since I came in 2002, but there
used to be almost a guarantee of a job in the documentation.

cheers,
  Stewart