In case you are planning to buy wireless PCI/USB

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 24 05:32:29 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 23:28, Paul Mora wrote:
> You know, after writing my previous message, I decided (on a lark) to put
> the card in my test machine running Edubuntu 5.10, and wouldn't you know
> it, the card was recognized and configured automatically!  All I had to do
> was put in the WEP key and configure DHCP, and it worked fine.
>
> I know WEP is very insecure, but WPA?  I thought it was supposed to be much
> better.  I guess it's all in how you set it up.
>
> pm
>
> --
> Paul Mora
> email: paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org

WPA is easy to crack if someone uses a weak password.
http://www.tinypeap.com/html/wpa_cracker.html

Use this generator to create your key, and WPA will be much more secure than
WEP.    https://www.grc.com/password

WEP typically can be cracked within half an hour. WPA can be cracked in less
than that when a weak key is in use.

There is some good info on the subject here
http://wifinetnews.com/archives/004428.html

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca