FOSS and the election

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 22:57:02 UTC 2005

> I saw a clip on the news recently about how some of the party
> executive had left the Greens in protest over Harris' purported
> dictatorial style. One was running for the NDP, which is more in line
> with what I have always perceived Green to represent. Some of them
> gave begrudging credit to Harris for following through on his promise
> to run candidates in all 308 ridings.

Covering all the ridings was quite a feat, no doubt, but I don't think
alienating your team is a good way to lead an organization.  That
really bugs me.

After seeing a couple posts here about the NDP's possible interest in
FOSS and related topics, I asked on the NDP site for their take (when
the "cease-fire" ends) on the CIPPIC's questions at
http://www.cippic.ca/en/projects-cases/election-2006/

None of the major parties have responded to it yet, so I'll bug the
rest after Christmas.  :)

Anybody doing any non-partisan, spreading the word to "non-geeks"
about what will otherwise be non-issues -again- in this election? Want
to combine efforts?  Lemme know.  :)

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

'I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source
code' - Unknown