FOSS and the election

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 23:05:39 UTC 2005

> What kind of facts?  Nothing in the quoted policy depended on any facts.

I guess what I was hoping to find is a clear justification that FOSS is
better than proprietary software. DRDC developed a report that became the
GoC policy on FOSS. This particular policy was based on facts and detailed
evaluation and analysis. Hence, the current GoC policy on FOSS is based on
fact.

Reference:

Free and Open Source Software Overview and Preliminary Guidelines for the
Government of Canada
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/fap-paf/oss-ll/foss-llo/foss-llotb_e.asp

Ironically (or not?), the site runs on ASP.

Cheers,

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, L2S 3A1
Office: MC J215
Tel:    +1(905)688-5550 ext. 5243
Fax:    +1(905)688-3255
Email:  taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org