jobs in Linux / IT

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 07:38:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Rick Tomaschuk wrote:

> I've pondered this dilemma for many years. My solution has and continues
> to be to phase Microsoft products out of my life as soon as possible. If
> a client company stubbornly refuses to drop some area of a MS
> implementation I seriously rethink my relationship with that company and
> have often walked away from $$ to avoid having to work with MS products.
> Sounds tough but my experience has shown this to be the best solution. I
> have no plans to become MS certified...ever. Life without MS (sounds
> like a disease) is actually getting easier as time passes due to the
> evolution of Open source and commercial Linux offerings. I've also
> learned to omit computers all together in some areas of my life since
> they only seem to complicate things. Just because a person has a
> background in computers this does not mean that person has to limit
> their money making efforts to the computer industry. Sometimes the best
> solution to a computing problem is to imagine life without the
> particular application and re-think the problem.

This is not the burger-flipping option, is it ? Cutting computers out is
seldom a solution imho, but 'using computers' very rarely implies
something that resembles a PC. Advantage: no m$ inside. I am talking
about embedded systems. Please consider this seriously. Embedded
computers and automatons outnumber PCs by something like 20:1 at a net
value that is not necessarily lower than the PC's even in the lowliest
cases (due to aggregate value).

Peter