jobs in Linux / IT

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 00:50:47 UTC 2005

James Knott wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>
>> What is Canadian Experience, exactly ? Where do they teach this and at
>> what level is it required ;-)
>>

> Well, first you have to be able to play hockey, and play football by
> Canadian rules.  Then comes the dog sled excercises...  ;-)
However defined or rather undefined that term is, it does have something
common with reality. It obviously says something about that one is
supposed to have some understanding of social background of workplace
and living in Canada. I agree that some, not necessarily subtle
differences between living and working in this country and other places
do exist. Thats, btw, a part of mine 10-years "Canadian experience".

However, and thats the clue of my letter, these differences are
certainly not always positive. A truly open society should not use that
argument about the need to posses a "Canadian experience".

I will give a drastic example. Lets imagine that you live 20-30 years
ago in a communist country, let say USSR. There one could not get a
responsible work, or even a managerial position, or a position that
makes one visible in the media let say, without first knowing what
"being a trusted communist" means, or if you prefer, had "Soviet
experience" ;)

zb.