jobs in Linux / IT

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 07:29:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> James Knott wrote:
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>>> What is Canadian Experience, exactly ? Where do they teach this and at
>>> what level is it required ;-)
>>>

>> Well, first you have to be able to play hockey, and play football by
>> Canadian rules.  Then comes the dog sled excercises...  ;-)

Surely there must be some equivalence exams ? Practicing with
dogsleds in the sand is too hard on the camels ;-)

> However defined or rather undefined that term is, it does have something
> common with reality. It obviously says something about that one is supposed
> to have some understanding of social background of workplace and living in
> Canada. I agree that some, not necessarily subtle differences between living
> and working in this country and other places do exist. Thats, btw, a part of
> mine 10-years "Canadian experience".

You know that elsewhere they do *not* ask about 'local experience'.
Instead, they shortchange as a 'newcomer tax'. By the time you know the
ropes you also know about how much you were off the mark in the
beginning...

As to gulag experience, I think I know where you are coming from. I
preferred to stay out of that crowd at the time.

Peter