Promoting Open Source in Schools

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 17 06:29:50 UTC 2005

Igor Denisov wrote:

> > BTW, there is a Toronto School Board trustee that has
> > some interest in the Squeak/Etoys work. I can dig up
> > his/her name if anyone is interested.
>
> Interesting, it seems there is some progress...
> (actually, I _would_ like to know the trustee's name)

Here's a link and a quote.
    http://squeakland.org/pipermail/squeakland/2004-January/001936.html
====

    [Squeakland] Squeaker News.... Squeak in Spain!

    Mankovsky, Sheine sheine.mankovsky2 at tdsb.on.ca
    Wed Jan 21 20:46:42 PST 2004

    I have just had a look at the information on the Spain project, Kim.  HUGE
    congratulations to all the people who contributed to this landmark
    undertaking!  I can't think of a more significant combination for kids than
    Linux, laptops and learning with Squeak.

    Sheine Mankovsky
    Trustee, Ward 5
    Toronto District School Board