Promoting Open Source in Schools

Sacha Chua sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 16 20:01:29 UTC 2005

paul sutton <zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone in the Toronto area. has been involved in
> getting open source into schools and if they could share their

I gave a few presentations on Linux in the academe back in the
Philippines, and I've always strongly advocated open source
development for computing students and open source use for everyone
else. =) I also keep in touch with teachers and students back home.
I'd love to chat about Linux and schools.

Sacha
--
Sacha Chua <sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking