kyocera 650 ev-do card support

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 14 14:09:46 UTC 2005

On December 13, 2005 09:16 pm, dave morton wrote:
> nope, tried that already. i think the network they are using for this is
> not the 1x.bell.ca, it may be a new one. In the US, the verizon login is
> 4161234567-F39Oa/ePAaoAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org and the password is vzw. #777 is the universal dial
> out for these types of networks

One option you could try, is installing the bell software on a windows based
laptop, and capturing the packets with ethereal during the logon process.

Ethereal for windows can be found here.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ethereal/ethereal-setup-0.10.13.exe?download

I had to do this to understand the logon procedure for the bell prepaid
internet dial up service ( To use with my treo ) and use it on linux. For
those of you who are interested, it is called WebMinutes.

The logon username for webminutes is the odd part. Maybe the kyocera uses the
same method.

The logon ID for WebMinutes is idm/pre/"USERNAME"@cp followed by the password.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca