Totally at my wits end, i need help! or point to a place that can help!

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 10 05:01:38 UTC 2005

On December 8, 2005 23:57, ted leslie wrote:
> Since the occurance is rare to begin with maybe not even 10%, maybe
> more like 5% in the end, I have thought to try and see if the
> problem would occur in a MS to MS environment, i.e. ruling out
> Linux, but the task of getting that test suite set up, given it
> might occur very rare, isnt first on my list. I thought of VNC, but
> that doesn't do multiple sessions like WTS does. I might try Citrix
> but get a load of this, I have left my name and number twice with
> the Citric office in Toronto, even express great interest in
> potentially using their product, which by the way is expensive as
> hell, and they just dont call me back, unbelievable.! on that note,
> any one have access to a Citrix MetaFrame server on Windows that i
> could dump this app onto, and see if citrix would solve my problem
> .. i can't even get hold of Citrix to ask for that :(

Must this software run on Windows or is running it on Linux an option?

What are the tools you used to write the Windows server app? Why can't
you instrument that app?

Have you considered using the freenx server with NX Client? The server
part has to run on Linux. The client can be Windows, OS X, or Linux.
We're using it to deploy rich-client PyQt apps to Windows users
without having to worry about installing a Python runtime environment
and our custom app on the Windows desktops, not that it is such a big
deal to do that.

Can you reliably reproduce the problem with certain computers? If so,
what is different about them?
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay