Indigo cutting back Linux magazines?

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 19 15:07:16 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> If the cultural experience hypothesis bears thinking about, does this
> mean that Linux users are not considered a profitable niche within
> popular culture at large? Perhaps it has something to do with that free
> operating system thing that I keep hearing about...
>
> But seriously -- and I may be giving the chain (and others) too much
> credit with this -- if there was money to be made in mass market Linux
> magazines I would like to think that the large stores would be
> smart/greedy enough carry them.

But... Indigo/Chapters specializes in carrying thousands of magazines (OK,
maybe hundreds)... there are so many niche magazines, I cannot believe EVERY
one of which is "profitable"... I think I'll boycott them now! :-) ...And
Staples... The $20 I was going to spend on a magazine there will surely
bring them down!

I'm losing track of all the companies I'm boycotting on ethical grounds...
Is there an open-source app that can help me track this?! lol

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings [Intelx86/AMD64/PowerPC]
ubuntulinux.org<http://ubuntulinux.org>