Phone line static influencing DSL quality

Sy sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 17 17:45:42 UTC 2005

Just to bring the thread (hopefully) to a close.  The problem was multifold.

* the original bell tech was incompatent.
* the demarcation point wasn't what I was using
* the demarcation point had a horrible jack on it
* the point I was using was split off of that and while it had a
better jack and therefore less noise, the line was terrible.
* my building has horrible wiring
* They were allowing me far too much speed, letting in more noise/errors.

Ok.. so hopefully things are better.  Maybe now I can start working
from home.  =)

Notes:
http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/Template:Wl:Connectivity_nightmare_3