VMware shared folder

Sy sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 17 03:53:24 UTC 2005

I'd assume that if you allocated 4GB the guest OS only sees a total
capacity of 4GB.. so 3.5GB left sounds right.

I had a setup where I had various windows' storing their information
on a real partition.  Thinking this was a great way for the guest and
host OS' to trade files.

I ended up silently destroying my data.  Please do not do this.  Set
up some kind of standard method like FTP or network folders to trade
files between the systems.

I tinkered briefly with the hgfs stuff and couldn't get it working.. I
gave up.  I use FTP to trade files back and forth when I need to,
which is rare.

Sy,