VMware shared folder

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 16 21:23:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I hope this isn't OT, but I have a question about running VMware in Ubuntu.

After setting up VMware in Ubuntu, I installed winxp as the guest OS,
allocating the default 4GB and placed it on a FAT32 partition. Everything
works great so far.

I created a folder on this FAT32 partition and chose it as my shared folder
in VMware. I am able to access it within VMware/winxp. All is fine so far.

My problem is that in the guest OS (winxp) it says that there is only
3.5GBfree in this shared folder, even though I know that the drive has
over 10GB
free. Is there a setting somewhere that denotes the size of the shared
folder in VMware? I could not find any. Is it an idiosyncrasy of the
filesystem it is on (FAT32)? Is it a limitation of VMware?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings [Intelx86/AMD64/PowerPC]
ubuntulinux.org<http://ubuntulinux.org>