Phone line static influencing DSL quality

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 14 13:23:33 UTC 2005

Terrence Enger wrote:

> Yes, they are on the same power bar.  My apartment is in a
> house coming up to the end of its first century, and the
> wiring seems not to be up to modern standards.  A UPS
> *should* be in my near future, but I am resisting the
> expense.

I'm not totally sure on this one, but where printers are involved I
think most UPS units only ground and stabilize the voltage for a
printer. It should still fix your problem, but don't expect to be
printing if the power goes out -- some units have specific plugs for
printer/faxes that do not connect to the internal battery.