Looking for ISP, again

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 10 06:37:00 UTC 2005

On 8/10/05, Robert F. Kennedy <rfk-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am another "Istop refugee" but I stayed with Cybersurf. So far:
> nonexistent tech support, downloads speeds just above dialup for the
> first several weeks and more recently up around 750 Kb. I am going to
> switch some time this month so I am interested in this thread. I am
> running a mail server and DNS server so I really need a server friendly
> service.

I know when I originally called Cybersurf to inquire about changing my
account over to their service that their "stay with us or go - we
could care less" attitude was so off-putting that I could just imagine
how they run their shop.

Another bonus: I saw my speeds increase when I switched to Teksavvy -
with the 3 Meg account with Istop I achieved 1500-1600 kbps down,
200-300 kbps up; with Teksavvy I routinely get 2400-2500 down, 550-650
up.