Monitor correction chart?

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 02:02:27 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

> Macs have all the necessary correction tables installed
> and usually you only need to choose the right one for your hardware. The
> PC is way behind it in this respect.

Not quite so. To have really accurate colours on a Mac, you'll need a
freshly calibrated long tube CRT reference monitor run in an almost dark
room. I experienced this in prepress for multi-million $$ ad campaign
printing, so it's not the affordable end of calibrated colour ;-)

PCs have had adequate colour management since NT4 or so. We were doing
book repro with it no problems about five years ago.

cheers,
  Stewart