Any Recommendations for Linux Friendly Digital Still Camera?

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 03:44:16 UTC 2005

On 4/29/05, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> jim ruxton wrote:
> >
> > Any idea what a D70 goes for these days?
>
> It's just been replaced by the D70s (better screen and flash) for $1600
> + tax.

/me clutches chest and falls over

A friend of mine was working in the industry and mentioned that the
"high end"cameras were bloody expensive and not nearly as good a ratio
of quality:cost as the mid range stuff.  I don't know how applicable
that is today, or with that model though.

For the google impaired:
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d70/
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d70s/

OMG, reading the specs of some of those cameras.. there's a 12
megapixel model.. dayum.  Looking more.. the picture rate is
astounding.  Time-to-photograph from completely off to picture one and
two is something I've been interested in.