Annoying wireless router

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 16:50:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Steven Nagy wrote:

> http://www.stevenscreations.info/Download/MyRouter.jpg

It is very likely that the router is not faulty but something in your
area is jamming the band. The frequencies used by wireless routers are
shared with other license-free devices like wireless cameras, av links,
'baby monitor' devices and some phones, as well as wireless routers of
the other kind (802.11b - I assume you have 802.11g now). Those could be
yours, or your neighbor's. Try to change the channel your router uses
and see if that helps. From what you see on the screen I'd say it's a
phone or a 802.11b router jamming you but you can never be sure and my
experience with that is limited. Changing the channel should help.

Peter