weird ghosting of characters in X

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 29 02:41:55 UTC 2005

Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Thursday 28 April 2005 21:19, Matt Price wrote:
>
>>a white streak, itslef composed of indiviual whitish lines is
>>displayed just to the right of the word there.  You can see an example
>>at http://www.derailleur.org/.configfiles/root.png
>

> Yep, screenshot is fine here, so it's something in your system (obviously :)
>
> If your monitor has knobs or digital controls for adjusting the horizontal and
> vertical alignment etc., you might try altering those.  Try to remember the
> original position though, and reset it if that doesn't help.
>
> Also, as mentioned in another monitor issue today, try removing nearby sources
> of electrical interference, such as power adaptors, speakers, other power
> cables running near your monitor's display cable etc.
>
> Also try different resolutions.  You may not have to run the monitor at a
> different resolution to fix it, but if switching resolution helps, that can
> help to narrow down the issue.

aach.  thanks for the answers, folks.  I'm going  away for a couple of
weeks but will try the various options when I get back.

I did change the cables around recently -- not today though -- and will
check on them when I get back to work.

hope it's not the (pretty!) monitor!

  .''`.       Matt Price
: :'  :      Debian User
`. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
   `-
if you're an evil spambot, these addresses are for you:
aardvark at derailleur.org, zeus at derailleur.org