Annoying wireless router

Steven Nagy Steven.Nagy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 02:31:29 UTC 2005

Hi everybody!

Maybe this is off-list, but I would appreciate it if somebody could give me
an idea what's happening.

I bought a Motorola wireless router at a BestBuy store in Toronto at Kennedy
road in March, 2005.

I had problems with it meaning that the router does not transmit signal
every time. I changed it back and I got another router having the same
problem.

But as I saw, the guy gave me another router from the left side of the
shelves and it was not sealed. I didn't have problems for maybe a week. But
today the same problem occurred and the router is not transmitting
continuously.

I analyzed the signal with a wireless access point analyzer program called
Network Stumbler and I got the following results:

http://www.stevenscreations.info/Download/MyRouter.jpg

This was a very bad situation. Now the signal returned back with short
interruptions about every minute.

The router is still in warranty and last time I wanted to change to another
model, for example Linksys and pay the difference, but the salesman from the
store didn't want to change to another model. Or there is a SMC model with 2
antennas. I tried to move the antenna, unscrewed and screwed back, it seemed
to help for a short time, but not much.

I'm fed up with this situation to go back for the third time to the store
and getting another defective router.

Did anybody have similar problems? Can it be because a power fluctuation? Or
just the Motorola is not a good brand and the guy gave me another defective
router which was put aside from another customer. I had to argue with him
last time, because he didn't even wanted to change it for me in spite of the
fact that it has 90 days warranty and I bought it just a month ago.

Waiting for some ideas,

Thank you,

Steven