bogofilter satisfaction report

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 22:26:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:42:44 +0300 (IDT)
Peter disseminated the following:

> > Hmmmm, not seeing any scoring in the headers of the ones that got through.
> > Back
> > to the manpage ;-)
>
> Use the second example in the manpage. Then bogofilter will split the
> spam into $MAILDIR/spam-bogofilter and pass the non-spam to your normal
> mailbox.

You mean like this:

:0HB:
* ? bogofilter -u
$MAILDIR/bogospam

?

That second one is the one I was using, except I was doing -e -p (the -p is the
one that is supposed to add the X-Bogocity line to the headers, at least
according to the manpage).

> > I have no idea what 'hmm' is, but I'll take a wild guess: the 'h' is for
> > 'heuristic'?
>
> hdden markov model

D'oh!

Anyhow, I've messed something up terribly, I think, because almost everything
that was coming through was going to $MAILDIR/bogospam, even though I'd trained
it with thousands of pieces of mail from the way too many lists I'm on, plus
several thousand spam examples.

I might start over from scratch, I think I should look at the conf file more and
of course the manpage and FAQ.

Not givin' up yet!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
18:17:42 up 66 days, 19:26, 7 users, load average: 0.27, 0.12, 0.03