Any Recommendations for Linux Friendly Digital Still Camera?

Steve Brown steve-UptpDeB91zClXJ0OY9NZ9g at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 08:07:06 UTC 2005

I'm shopping for one too, and I'm 1/2 inch away from choosing an Olympus
C5050. I -think- that if the camera is alleged to show up on Windows USB as
a "umass" (universal mass storage? USB mass storage?) device (appears to
WinXP as a removable drive, spec's say "no driver required" and works on MAC
OSX), then no problem with Linux compatability. If it does not, see
http://www.gphoto.org/ and check compatability lists.

Steve

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 06:20:06PM -0400, Pavel Zaitsev sat down at the 'puter and typed: