bogofilter satisfaction report

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 25 19:56:03 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have installed the bogofilter spam filter a few months ago and it has
become so good in time that I no longer see spam at all (maybe one
message per week, not every week). This is just to say that it works
great and it seems to be like wine, i.e. it gets better in time (since
it learns from what I reject and from what I tell it not to treat as
spam). Its most important factors are size and speed: It is small! Even
after a few months its database is no larger than 15MB and maintenance
is zero. It is also fast. It's a great piece of software.

I go through about 100 email messages per day, half of them spam. Some
of the non-spam emails are mailing list digests with 150+ messages per
issue.

Peter