(poll) What kind of meeting do you want?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 17:57:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 01:01:53PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On 4/22/05, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > 2.  Projector is another big issue.  It's free, only because we
> > harasse Chris with threat of ex-communication.
>
> I bring one sometimes, when asked.  Occasionally I grouse a bit
> because it's a bit bulky and irritating to carry around, but that's
> really not a big deal :-).
>
> > 3.  Then, there are minor issue of cost for booth at trade show, flyers,
> >     labels, CDs, plastic laminators, food for the volunteers, etc.
>
> This misses a _really_ vital item...
>
> 4.  Hosting of TLUG web site, mailing lists, and such.
>
> It's well and nice that this has been contributed freely; it's still
> something that has a not insubstantial cost.

We can move the mailing list to Yahoo.  They got $Billion behind their
machines, and you can't beat that.  As for website, Yahoo Group has link
page, so you can link to secondary websites.  (I never used it).  If
doable, then this actually is not be a bad idea.  Each person can
maintain only the stuff they are responsible for, and we can link it
from central site.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because it works.